Dr. Honggang Wang has worked for Bell Labs Lucent Technologies China from 2001 to 2004 as a Member of Technical Staff. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Engineering at University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2009. He is an assistant professor at UMass Dartmouth and is an affiliated faculty member of Advanced Telecommunications Engineering Laboratory at University of Nebraska-Lincoln. His research interests include Wireless Healthcare, Body Area Networks (BAN), Multimedia Sensor Networks, Mobile Multimedia and Cyber Security, Wireless Networks and Cyber-physical System. He has published more than 90 papers in his research areas, including more than 30 publications in prestigious IEEE journals such as IEEE TWC, IEEE TM, IEEE TVT, IEEE JSAC, IEEE TITB, IEEE TIFS, IEEE TSG, IEEE CM, IEEE NM, IEEE WCM, IEEE TNSM, IEEE TETC, IEEE System Journal and Pattern Recognition. He also published papers in prestigious conferences such as INFOCOM, ICDCS, ICC, Globecom and ICME.
He is the winner of the Best Paper Award of the 2008 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC). He serves as a Lead Guest Editor of IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (J-BHI) (previous IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine (TITB)) specical issue on "Emerging Wireless Body Area Networks (WBANs) for Ubiquitous Healthcare" in 2013, an Associate Editor of IEEE IoT (Interne of Things) Journal, an Associate Editor of IEEE Access Journal, a Guest Editor of IEEE IoT Journal special issue on" IoT for Smart and Connected Health", a Guest Editor of IEEE Sensors Journal, an Associate Editor of Wiley's Security and Communication Networks (SCN) Journal and Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies. He also serves as TPC Chair or Co-Chair for several conferences such as TPC Chair of 8th ICST/ACM International Conference on Body Area Networks (BODYNETS 2013) and TPC symposium Co-Chair of IEEE conference on communications 2015 (ICC 2015, Mobile and Wireless Networking symposium). He is the TPC member for IEEE INFOCOM 2013-2015, BSN 2014, IEEE ICC 2011-2013, IEEE Globecom 2010-2013, and IEEE ICME 2013-2014. He serves on NSF panel 2012-2013. He currently serves as a Board Co-Director of IEEE MMTC (Technical Committee on Multimedia Communications) Services and Publicity.
Recent Publication ("*"student and "+" visiting scholar):
- Z. Zhang*, H. Wang, C. Wang, H. Fang, "Cluster-based Epidemic Control Through Smartphone-based Body Area Network," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2014 ;
- Z. Zhang*, H. Wang, C. Wang, H. Fang, "Interference Mitigation for Cyber-Physical Wireless Body Area Network System Using Social Networks," IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, vol.1, no.1, pp.121,132, June 2013.
- H. Wang, Z. Zhang*, X. Lin, H. Fang, "Socialized WBANs in Mobile Sensing Environment," IEEE Network Magazine, accepted, 2013.
- H. Wang, S. Wu, M. Chen, W. Wang, "Security Protection between Users and Mobile Media Cloud," IEEE Communication Magazine, vol.52, no.3, pp.73-79, March 2014.
- C. Tang, L. Song, J. Balasubramani, S. Wu, S. Biaz, Q. Yang, H. Wang, "Comparative Investigation on CSMA/CA-Based Opportunistic Random Access for Internet of Things," IEEE Internet of Things (IoT) Journal, 2014.
- N. Tadayon*, Honggang Wang, H.H. Chen, "Performance Analysis of Distributed Access Multi-Hop Poisson Networks," IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, doi: 10.1109/TVT.2013.2279858, 2013.
- G. Liu, Q. Yang, H. Wang, X. Lin, and M.. Wittie, "Assessment of Multi-Hop Interpersonal Trust in Social Networks by Three-Valued Subjective Logic," In Proc. The 33rd IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM 2014), 2014.
- Z. Zhang*, H.Wang, et al., "Channel Information based Cryptography and Authentication inWireless Body Area Networks," In Proc. ICST/ACM international conference on Body Area Networks 2013 (BodyNets 2013).
- Jin Wang*, Hua Fang, HonggangWang, Gin-Fei Olendzki, ChonggangWang, Yunsheng Ma, "Pattern Recognition of Big Nutritional Data in RCT", In Proc. ICST/ACM international conference on Body Area Networks 2013 (BodyNets 2013).
- M. Chen, D. Mau, X. Wang, H. Wang, The Virtue of Sharing: Efficient Content Delivery in Wireless Body Area Networks for Ubiquitous Healthcare", In Proc. IEEE International Conference on E-HEALTH Networking Applications&Servcies (HealthCOM'13).
- Zhaoyang Zhang*, Honggang Wang, X. Lin, H. Fang, D. Xuan, "Effective Epidemic Control and Source Tracing Through Mobile Social Sensing over WBANs" , In Proc. The 32nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (IEEE INFOCOM 2013), mini-conference, 2013.
Dr. Honggang Wang will serve as the TPC Co-Chair of 10th International Conference on Body Area Networks (ICST/ACM BODYNETS 2015), Australia
Dr. Honggang Wang has been invited to serve as the Associate Editor of IEEE Access Journal, an IEEE multidisciplinary journal
Dr. Honggang Wang has been invited to serve as the Editor of International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (Hindawi)
Dr. Honggang was invited to attend NSF 2013 Energy CPS Workshop held in Arlington, VA.
Dr. Honggand Wang has been invited to serve as the TPC Co-Chair of Ubi-HealthTech 2015,
Dr. Wang has been invited to serve as a TPC symposium Co-Chair of IEEE conference on communications 2015 (ICC 2015, Mobile and Wireless Networking symposium)
Dr. Wang has been invited to serve as a Vice TPC Co-Chair of the 6th International Symposium on CyberSpace Safety and Security (IEEE CSS 014), which will be held in Paris, France.
UMass Dartmouth ECE is ranked as national top #122 in the area of Electrical / Electronic / Communications Engineering by USNEWS 2013: http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/electrical-engineering-rankings/page+6
Dr. Wang has been invited to serve as a TPC chair of 8th International Conference on Body Area Networks (BODYNETS 2013), Boston, MA.
Dr. Wang was invited to contribute IEEE standard as a member of the Working Group IEEE P1907.1 "Standard for Network-Adaptive Quality of Experience (QoE) Management Scheme for Real-Time Mobile Video Communications" (http://standards.ieee.org/develop/project/1907.1.html)